- High glycemic foods trigger the body to store fat.
- The number of fat cells can increase and when they do, they remain for life and can only be reduced in size not number.
- High glycemic snack foods make up 25% of total caloric intake in the U.S.
- All you can eat restaurants are the perfect fat-storing arenas!
- Low fat foods usually mean high sugar foods!
- The New England Journal of Medicine shows that the greatest predictor of developing breast cancer is how fat you are not how much dietary fat you consume!
- Low calorie diets cause more fat-storing problems than it solves!
- The fastest way to get your body to store fat is to eat 1-2 meals per day (instead of 5 per day).
So what exactly is the Glycemic Index (GI)?
The GI is a ranking of carbohydrates on a scale from 0-100 according to the extent to which they raise blood sugar levels. Low GI foods (less than 55) cause minimal rise in blood sugar and insulin (biggest contributors to belly fat). High GI foods do the opposite.
No need to let this become complicated. Meals that are primarily protein and low glycemic vegetables fit the goal of eating Low Glycemic. It is interesting to me that approach is the best way to eliminate cravings, eliminate Candida (overgrowth of fungus in the body) and balance blood sugar.
Great Low Glycemic foods include: protein, eggs, green veggies, nuts, and seeds.
Commonly eaten High Glycemic foods include: potatoes, white break, cold breakfast cereals, orange juice, bananas, rice, pizza (very high), fruit punch, sugar, French fries, and candy. Just omitting those foods from your diet could help you begin to lose that belly fat and actually increase your energy!