- 1 ¼ c. flour (can be wheat, oat, spelt, coconut or almond – we used spelt)
- 1 ¼ c. Vi-Shake mix or your favorite protein shake mix, dry
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup oil (canola, olive, grape seed or melted coconut – we used grape seed)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
Now here’s what you do to create these tasty Ginger Cookies:
1. Sift flour and spice ingredients together – then stir in protein shake mix
2. Mix all liquid ingredients together and then mix together with dry ingredients
3. Form into a disk and freeze for 30 minutes or chill for an hour.
4. Form into small balls (no need to flatten).
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 – 12 minutes.
Note: these cookies are so much higher in protein than regular cookies. We did find that making the small batch worked better than making a quadruple batch! Maple syrup and molasses add more nutrition than using brown sugar, sugar or corn syrup.