Eating 5 small meals a day is one of the best ways to burn fat. The challenge for most people is the snacks! If someone has skipped snacking, the idea of a snack can seem not only foreign but challenging!
- Eggs – The fat in the yolk is unsaturated, so enjoy the whole egg! It can be hard cooked, omlets, or over easy!
- Cottage Cheese has great protein (don’t get the low fat). You can add nuts, hemp seeds or one of my favorite additions is Barlean’s Swirl (their flax or fish oil Omega 3 product is delicious and works well with cottage cheese or yogurt!)
- Tuna when packed in water it is fat free and is high in protein. You could use some eggs for a tuna salad or even mix and add to half of an avocado or avocado slices.
- Protein Muffins – These are so easy to make and they fit the bill for an easy snack. 1 cup protein shake mix (dry), ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp vanilla (or other extract). Mix, bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Change the flavor by adding cocoa or see other options at our website at www.lifestyleforhealth.com.
- Nuts, although they have fat, they have great protein and are easy to digest . . . get raw when possible or dry roasted (no salt added).
- Nut Butter – Nut butters (almond, sunflower seed, peanut, cashew, etc). add protein and are a great energy boost. Consider adding it to your favorite protein shake for great taste and more protein. Check out website for a great Peanut Butter Ball recipe!
- Celery – Mix some peanut butter with your favorite protein shake mix until the desired sweetness. Spread in the celery crevice and enjoy crunching away!
- Jerkey is an option but do read the labels. Avoid high sodium, nitrates and sugar.
- Yogurt – Definitely read labels on this one. Most yogurt is very high in sugar – – it is the sugar not the fat that is the killer. Mix yogurt with Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein for and additional protein punch! without sugar. Add some flax or hemp seeds for crunch.
- Lentils can have 18 grams of protein (for 1 cup, cooked) and are great additions to salads, soups or just plain with some great seasoning or herbs.
These are just a few of the great fat burning foods that will aid you in your weight loss. For great information on the ViSalus protein shakes we talk about, please feel free to go to our website by clicking here.